Pass Plus courses by Cambridge Intensive Driving
Pass Plus is a course designed to be taken by drivers who have just passed their test. The course duration is a minimum of 6 hours and can be taken in a single day or spread over a longer period if needed.
The idea behind Pass Plus is to provide newly qualified drivers with further driver education. The course will involve situations that you would not have come across during your normal driving lessons. This extended training will provide newly qualified drivers with a higher level of driving competence and enhanced skills.
Once your Pass Plus course has been completed, your instructor will grade you as there is no official test at the end. Your completed Pass Plus documents will then be sent to the DSA who in return will send you a certificate of completion. Up to 30% insurance discount can be made off your car insurance when Pass Plus has been completed by participating insurance providers. Your Pass Plus registered driving instructor will pick you up from your desired location and your course will finish at a location of your choice.
What is involved?
The Pass Plus course involves 6 modules. These are:
- Motorway driving – safely navigate motorway lanes.
- Dual carriageways – further training joining dual carriageways
- Town driving – difficult one-way systems and roundabouts.
- Rural roads – understanding speed and position on these difficult roads.
- All weather driving – can involve rain or snow
- Night time driving – increase confidence driving at night
Pass Plus lessons are charged at £23.00 per hour.